Thank you to all who participated in the giveaway for the copy of the book 'Is a Worry Worrying You?' and congratulations to the winner (announced here). Hosting giveaways are always fun for me - as fun as writing posts, participating in memes, challenges, and giveaways, of course. I would like to have you visit my blog when you can and welcome your comments with pleasure.
For Wondrous Words Wednesday - All these words are from the book I read and reviewed this week - 'Lingering Tide and other stories' by Latha Viswanathan:
- dithyramb 1;fervent speech: a passionately emotional speech or piece of writing; 2;impassioned Greek chorus: in ancient Greece, a wild and impassioned choral hymn, originally directed to the god Dionysus
- bis (adverb) 1. twice. 2.again (used interjectionally as an enthusiastic call for therepetition of a musical performance).
- MESTIZO: a person of mixed blood; specifically: a person of mixed European and American Indian ancestry
- Pansit - Pancit or pansit is the term for noodles in Filipino cuisine. Noodles were introduced into the Philippines by the Chinese and have since been adopted into local cuisine. The term pancit is derived from the Hokkien pian i sit which means "something conveniently cooked fast
- Ylang ylang (pronounced EE-lang EE-lang) is a tropical tree native to Asia, or the flower of the tree and the essential oil produced from the flowers. The tree is the Cananga odorata, and the oil is extensively used in making perfumes and in aromatherapy
For Alphabe Thursday(letter is D), ABC Wednesday (letter is V), Theme Thursday (theme is 'All good things'), and Three Word Wednesday (words are Murmur cling taken)
"I remember vividly the vivacity of the atmosphere of that wonderful day – it was as if all the joys and colors had been taken and filled into that one day. And since they say – ‘All good things must come to an end’, I decided then and there – the memories of this day are worth clinging on to - not just like a murmur of a memory but as impressive as a murmuration of starlings. And then came tomorrow, another day, and I also realized – ‘All good things come to those who wait’ and tomorrow came as today to give me more vivid memories to cling on to for tomorrow again."
I love the word murmuration and watching one is definitely one of the most awesome sights - you can watch it here.
"Sharma began this Saturday like everyday, prostrating at sunrise."
For Book Beginnings:. From the book 'Lingering Tide and other stories' by Latha Viswanathan:
"Six pm in Bombay is early in New Jersey. The hours Surya struggles to fill in India have yet to be born in America."
For Friday 56. Page 56 from the book 'Lingering Tide and other stories' by Latha Viswanathan:
In the summer, this place is like India. Bombay, Madras, only fancy name – Houston, Pouston, America. My skin feels like bubble gum even after fresh oil bath."
For Wordless Wednesday and Saturday Snapshot, here is a photo of some of the first cherries growing on our tree. Still to ripen but we could not wait, we cut it soon after and tried it - not too bad!!