Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Yummy Tummy Tuesday - The World in your Lunchbox


The World in your lunchbox: This is a yummy ‘factopedia’! Lunchboxes are every mom’s concern and every kid’s ‘not this again’. But this book makes the ‘everyday’ fascinating.  You discover how foods from around the world have made their way into your lunchbox in this book. 

The book is written journal-style and written for kids though anyone who wants to learn fun food facts will enjoy the book. It is divided into seven chapters for each day of the week, with a different lunch combination covered each time.  Fun facts, wacky illustrations, quirky humor make each chapter and each lunch totally enjoyable.  Each lunch item is described and made delicious with a bit of introduction, some history and the science behind it. 
Kids will definitely enjoy the top ten facts (in addition to the facts included for each food item throughout the book) included at the end of the book.  The Further Reading section includes more wonderful reads for foodies out there. 

In Summary: This book is delicious – a great read for all.
Rating: B+
Reading Level: 8+

Disclaimer:Thank you to Annick Press for sending me a digital review copy via NetGalley. I was not compensated for my review. My thoughts on this book were in no way influenced by the author or publicist. They are my personal opinions formed when I read this book.

This book goes towards the picture book and non-fiction picture book reading challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you! I do read all your comments and do reply whenever I can.. but I will definitely hop on over to visit you...