Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday Memes..


Kathy over at Bermudaonion's Weblog hosts Wondrous Words Wednesday. If you come across a word (or two) while reading that is new to you and would like to share your new knowledge, then hop over to Kathy's place and link up!
For WWW and ABC Wednesday(Letter is D)
Dactylography: the study of fingerprints
daedalist: aviator; pilot
deaconing: act of putting best looking goods on top of pile
debarrass: to disembarrass; disentangle; free
decennoval of, like or pertaining to the number nineteen
dedans: spectators at a court tennis match
decussate: to divide in the form of an X; to cross or intersect
deism: belief in God but rejection of religion
drygulch: to murder by pushing off a cliff
draffish: worthless
drageoir: box for holding sweetmeats
dixit: individual's uncorroborated statements


ABC Wednesday (Letter is D)
D is for darling daughter! Today is my little girl’s sixth birthday

8 comments:

  1. a DELICIOUS set of words, most of which I DID not know!

    Happy birthday to your DAUGHTER!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. my post ended up being shorter than I wanted it to be (other than the word list - needless to say, I DID not know any of them as well!)..

      Delete
  2. Interesting words. I'm drawn to deaconing - I guess that's used in retail a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is true.. that accounts for most of the dollars spent:)

      Delete
  3. What a great group of words. I do like drygulch, and drageoir. I have more chance of remembering (and using a) drageoir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally agree! i wouldnt mind having a drageoir in every room..

      Delete
  4. Hello.
    Well, I only knew one word out of the list. Oh well...learned some new ones!
    Belated birthday wishes to your daughter.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Daydreaming Of Yesterday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wishes.
      and WWW does help me learn new words by at least having me look at words more conciously when I am reading as well as go on the prowl for new words

      Delete

Love to hear from you! I do read all your comments and do reply whenever I can.. but I will definitely hop on over to visit you...