Sunday, October 9, 2011

Simply Sunday - Music is ...

"If music be the food of love, play on" - this is the opening line of Shakespeare's Twelfth Day.  Music is a whole lot of things to a whole lot of people. For me, music brings a smile to my face when I hear my son practice on his piano and makes every chore of mine way lighter; music brings a tear in my eye when I hear the sad strains of Kishore Kumar singing "Chingaro Koi Bhadke"; music brings dance to my feet when I hear any upbeat tunes, be it Waka Waka by Shakira, or Desi Girl, or bhangra or salsa; music brings peace to my mind; joy to my heart;and pervades every emotion for me.

So today was an outpouring of emotions when we went to the annual recital program at my son's music school. All the kids who performed - though so young - are passionate, talented, and just plain wonderful. We came back enriched with the experience.

Some wonderful quotes on music:
Music is what feelings sound like.  ~Author Unknown
Music is the shorthand of emotion.  ~Leo Tolstoy
“Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul.”
“Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” - Berthold Auerbach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you! I do read all your comments and do reply whenever I can.. but I will definitely hop on over to visit you...