For the wordy side of things, here is me going higgledypiggledy a bit for HodgePodge Wednesday, a fun new meme that I hope I can take part in every once in a while
If you want to hop on, join the fun, answer the questions I have answered here and link up at Hodge Podge Wednesday.
1. Can you believe it's the end of January? What was the best day of January 2017 for you, and why?
My favorite day of this month - the day the sky opened it's hail-doors for us - just for a few minutes..
2. What sounds make up the background noise in your life?
Right at this moment - it is the sound of the heater heating up our home.. But depending on the time, the sounds are different - day times are normally just me and the sound of the keyboard clacking; with the kids home, the equation changes - voices saying 'mommy, i am hungry', fingers moving over the piano creating music, and many a time the flute and the trumpet make it a veritable band...
3. I read on the Power of Positivity website a list of ten things to drop from your life right now. They are-
anger outbursts, people who put you down, regret, negative self talk, being a people pleaser, the notion you need to be perfect, the past (but keep the lessons learned!), gossip and judgment, comparing yourself to others, and the word hate (focus on what you love instead)
Which thing on the list do you most need to drop? Are you trying or will you try?
This one is easy - for someone who rarely lost temper years ago, to having mommymeltdowns many a time now (and sometimes blaming it on female problems when taking it out on poor DH), the thing I definitely want to drop is anger outbursts...
4. What is sacred to you?
5. January is National Oatmeal month. Are you a fan, and if so how do you like it?
Yes, I think I am.. And I enjoy steel cut oats cooked just right, with a bit of crunch to the oats themselves, and with a topping of dry fruits and nuts based on availability and mood and sweetened with agave or maple syrup. Or another favorite option, when I am feeling like spending just a bit more time is grilled oatmeal!
6. What feelings does twilight stir up in you?
Almost always, feelings of calm and peace when I watch the twilight sky..
7. Something you're looking forward to next month?
My little girl is turning 11 this month, as she reminds me each day with her countdown to the very minute!
8. Insert your own random thought here.