Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Hello, from the future..

Over at dVerse Poetics, we are writing letters from the future. This also ties in with ABC Wednesday's letter of the week - F - for the future (not so distant one, since I am the one writing this imagined letter in the future)
This Sunday's Pearls Before Swine comic was also something related - you can see that comic here.
Hello, from the future..

Dear me, today I recalled a memory -
Feeling delightful, and fearful of a future unknown
I buried this time capsule for older-me
On a day that now seems long gone.

With my faithful pen, I sit down to write
As your(my?) grand kids play outside;
For now, I let the capsule be -
Be someone else’s discovery.

Dystopian it is not
nor a green paradise
nor is it a scene from the Jetsons yet
(The trip to Mars – yes, did succeed!
A story for another day, it is)

But know that we did right
Going green and all that
Certainly made our future bright;
Food forests are the theme of the day
and we still have flowers in May,
While CDs and desktops
Are a thing of the past,
The future, well,
I am having a blast!

17 comments:

  1. What a wonderful future.. So good we made the right choice of going green... I like the thought of food forest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Bjorn, I really hope for this (or even a more wonderful future for all!!) - I just happened to read a post about food forests on my friend's FB page a couple of days ago - http://permaculturenews.org/category/plants/food-forests/

      Delete
  2. Haha! Your mention of the Jetsons is fun and spot on. I used to enjoy that cartoon a lot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - a future like in the Jetsons seems a little far-fetched (while I am still in it a few decades from now) - though might happen a little later ..

      Delete
  3. ah, good days ahead... A letter I wouldn't be too hesitant to read.... I'll be on the lookout for the letter detailing that trip to mars. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anthony, thank you ... regarding the trip to the red planet - yes, i will get to that one soon

      Delete
  4. Good for you ~ I like the positive spin - going green & food forests ~

    Thanks for participating ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the wonderful prompt Grace.. always enjoy being a part of dVerse..

      Delete
  5. hopefully that message catches on...i would hate for my grand kids to not see trees
    a food forest def sounds intriguing......sounds like it is going good...

    welcome back again --- if you link in, do find time to read at least those that have read you,
    just like your side bar says -- we all appreciate comments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Brian and I really hope so too..I still recall reading a story in a children's magazine years ago titled - 'Grandpa, what is a tree?' (chilling indeed)..
      and a sincere thank you for the push to comment - i really needed it - i read but i pause, wondering how and what to comment on other's posts and then think to myself, i will get back to it later with a meaningful comment and then.......
      so dropping in on the dVerse family soon:)

      Delete
  6. sounds like we managed to turn the wheel around with our going green...oh i wish we would really manage...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you a fantastic future! Thanks for your poem.
    Wil,ABCW Team.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful poem. Future looks bright.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the positive slant. And having a blast as one lives --- one surely cannot fault that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the future is fabulous for everyone!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think i would have a blast in the future too
    http://myblog-verses.blogspot.com/2015/02/25.html

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice. I have tired of dystopia, BTW.

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you! I do read all your comments and do reply whenever I can.. but I will definitely hop on over to visit you...