I made a list of resolutions earlier this year – the post is here - and how successful was I in keeping them. To be honest, I did not really look at them after January but I did try to achieve some of them. Of the thirteen I made for 2013, I can say I followed some of them to an extent(schedule, and follow the schedule, smile more, spend time with family and friends, and maybe #s12 and 13 too) but I was bad at a few(sleep better, sweat it out, and stuff the cranky me!)
So for 2014, here is an updated version with a bit of new and a bit of the old
- Sleep Better, Sweat it out, and Stuff the cranky me away!
- Keep at it for these – smile more, spend time with family and friends, be more selfless, and be more selfish
- With both my little ones now in scouting – the mottos they have are wonderful things to follow – ‘Do Your Best’, ‘Be Prepared’, and ‘Do a Good Turn Everyday’ – perfect!
- And a few more specific ones:
- Write one letter at least each month to a loved one – family and/or friend – an actual snail-mail letter
- Work on our garden – have something grow for a change!
- Read the news everyday
- Learn one language this year
- Learn a new word everyday
- Take one photo everyday (!)
- Write down something each day – a memory to treasure later – happy, funny, or whatever was the highlight of that day…(some prompts here)