For My Monday Musings post, I think - as I put in my challenges post - I think I love reading challenges just for the fun of them. Having them there pushes me to read and even if I do not meet them in the truest sense - read, review, post, and link back - I at least do one or two of these four steps for most of the books. The end result - I have read books I never expected to - and in the process discover new treasures and worlds.
My Top Ten Post for The Broke and the Bookish this week - top ten books for this year. Though I enjoyed way more than 10 books this year, I picked books across genres and time that I completed this year and loved.
- The Night Circus - This was a treasure to discover. I am definitely going to read more books by Erin whenever she writes them!
- Pride and Prejudice –This book was on my TBR for as long as I can remember. Years ago, I kept it aside at page 33 (many times actually) and not because I did not like it, but it just happened. Now, I finally finished reading it this year.
- World on a String – delightful children’s picture book!
- Anna and the French Kiss - I finally read this book, yet to review here but really enjoyed it.
- Inside Out and Back Again, along with 'Love and Leftovers' and 'Gone Fishing' - novels in verse that I loved reading.
- And Then There Were None – There is none other than Christie when it comes to twists and turns in a story, and what stories she wrote.
- Cozy Classics – What an idea! And how wonderfully executed in these books for the littlest readers. Even a dozen words can tell a story and these books prove it.
- The Testing – It is the end of 2013 and I still haven’t gotten around to reading ‘The Hunger Games’ but I am glad I read ‘The Testing’.
- Chitchat:Celebrating the World’s Languages – I love celebrating languages and this book does it so well that I definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone who loves words.
- And so many more