Top ten recommendations - I mostly have authors and/or series rather than specific books today.
1. For someone who loves historical romances: A tough choice since I have lots of favorite authors but three of them I can always recall first are: The Bridgertons by Julia Quinn, The Cynster series by Stephanie Laurens, and The Hathaways by Lisa Kleypas
2. For someone who might not be into reading full-length novels, short story collections to whet their appetite – I would recommend Edgar Allen Poe, Saki, O Henry, Roald Dahl, and Oscar Wilde
3. For friends who want to try Indian authors, I again have many recommendations but to keep this list short, my first choices -
4. For the littlest kids, classics – yes, Moby Dick, Pride and Prejudice,
5. For my friends who ask me for recommended reading for their younger elementary-age kids –
6. And these are the books I would recommend to their older siblings who are just heading to middle school – Haroun and the Sea of Stories by Salman Rushdie, Zeb and the Great Ruckus by Josh Donellan, The Phantom Tollbooth
7. For a lighthearted entrée into poetry – Shel Silverstein is my choice.
8. Books I love to recommend just because I lovethem so much