The friends we miss(ed)
Distance makes the heart grow fonder – they say
We realize someone’s worth more when they are away..
Each time I realize this is true
Each time I learn this lesson anew
This is what I hope I take away
Hoping the next new friend I meet,
Will make my life more complete
Since there is always place for one more here
In this ever-growing circle of friendship.
So here is hoping to make more friends that I will miss
And not regret the friendships that I missed
Over at The Broke and The Bookish, today we are listing the Top Ten Things we are Thankful For (could be bookish or not -- up to you)
- Rainbows, sunshine, dewdrops, butterflies, bees, buds, blossoms…
- Smiles, tears, hugs, and kisses
- The postal system, the telephone, the internet, and yes, social media
- Family, friends, and teachers!
And now for the bookish things:
- Authors: Enid Blyton, Roald Dahl, Jane Austen, Louisa May Alcott, Thomas Hardy, and so many more
- Books: Not sure I want to start listing them out…all my top ten lists and more.
- Book blogs: too many favorites to list them all out here
- Libraries, and of course book stores
- Discovering something new and fascinating to read – you know that feeling when you open a book for the first time (be it a magazine or a novel), you realize you are entering a magical world – where you will learn, lose yourself in words, and come out a better person – always!
As we stood with our heads tipped together, I tried to translate that cupped palm to my stainless steel measuring spoons, to balance that cavity of space against the scent and taste of the finished dish, against the aroma of steaming basmati rice, roasting cumin seeds, and cinnamon sticks in hot oil. Then I shrugged, and guessed.'