For Theme Thursday - Dreams
Have you touched a dream and held it tight?
When you reached that goal, felt so right!
Have you felt it slip through like a ray of light?
Oh, there it goes, woken again as dawn ends the night
One more for Theme Thursday - Dreams - A poem I wrote ages ago, as a teen, I think –
In dreams you live
In castles of futures and the past
For dreams you strive
By dreams you revive
Memories pleasant from the past
Dreams are precious
So hold them tight
Dreams let you reach
The seemingly so high sky
Dreams also sometimes teach
Next steps to take to fly
Dreams are oh so precious
So do hold them tight!
Again, a list of random B words for Alphabe Thursday’s letter B and Thursday 13
1. Butterflies, birds, and bees – winged wonders
2. Shades of blue – Love the color..especially, the blue of the sky
3. The human brain – definitely amazing
5. Bangalore – hometown girl
6. Brownies, Biscuits, in short, Baked goods – yum!
7. Blogging – of course, this had to come here
8. Books– and books, if this was an ordered list, books would be right at the top! But this is a randomly ordered list of random B words
9. Beaches– living here in the San Francisco Bay Area means we can drive to a beach in less than an hour from anywhere here – and love these beaches
10. Bangles and bracelets – I am not fond of jewelry at all but as a child, I loved wearing glass bangles just to hear the sound of the jingling bangles and nowadays, I find myself fascinated by bracelets and buying them, but not really wearing them a whole lot.
11. Birbal and Bachchan, Baby Blues and Blondie - the first two – famous Indians (past and present), the second two – comics in the Sunday paper – two of my favorites :)
12. Borborygmus, boustrophedon, bloviate, bavardage, beblubbered – Check out ‘The Phrontistery’ for the meanings of these unusual words
13. Because - my little ones’ favorite answer to the question “Why….?” Yes, just this one word. And I have learned from the masters now – my answer to their Whys or Why nots – you know it now.
Today, over at dVerse, Victoria invites us to mix up senses and explore synesthesia. As I was researching this, found an interesting wikipedia article related to something called the Bouba/kiki effect - made me really amazed at how our brain works - you can read about the Bouba/kiki effect here, My attempts at mixing up my senses - 'Familyesthesia' (or 'Fun Mixed-up Family Sensory Perceptions')
(Or 'Fun Mixed-up Family Sensory Perceptions')
Her bright yellow hop and skip
It brought a smile to my heart
My brain held on with a tighter grip
To this colorful memory of my sweetheart
His fingers dancing on the keys
Painted a rainbow of delicious feelings
Blue mellows and yellow happys
Sweet pink yearnings tugging at heartstrings
In his sweet actions for my unknown needs
I heard the sound of the first sunray
In his silent and invisible words and deeds
I smelled the sweetness of a joyous day.
And while you are here, go ahead and enter the giveaway on my blog here.