Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Yummy Tummy Tuesdays - Tuesday Memes


Teaser Tuesday: From page 324 of ‘Vegan Eats World’
‘A wholesome, sticky cake bursting with some of the most popular flavors in Greek sweets: walnuts, cinnamon, cloves, oranges, and even olive oil. Enjoy this rustic cake as a homestyle dessert or as an aromatic coffee cake at brunch. ‘

 My review of the book is here and look forward to a giveaway post for this book later today on my blog.

 

For Top Ten Tuesdays, this week, the theme  is Top Ten Books/Authors I am thankful for. My list is just a list this time, with a couple of links. But if you have seen my previous TTTs, this list is so very similar. These books/authors are featured in many of my TTTs in some combination or the other!
Authors:
  1. Louisa May Alcott
  2. Thomas Hardy
  3. Enid Blyton
  4. R.K.Narayan
  5. Jane Austen
  6. Roald Dahl
  7. H.H.Munro
  8. J.K.Rowling
  9. O’Henry
  10. Eloisa James/Stephanie Laurens/Julia Quinn/Lisa Kleypas – I cannot pick one over the other among these wonderful romance novelists
Books:
  1. Little Women
  2. Anne Frank – The Diary of a Young Girl
  3. Three Fat Men
  4. Haroun and the Sea of Stories
  5. The Book Thief
  6. The Last Leaf/The Happy Prince/The Rose and the Nightingale
  7. The Secret Garden
  8. Children’s magazines – mainly Target – a children’s magazine published in India and Misha – a Russian children’s magazine that somehow found it’s way to the library in our school
  9. Amar Chitra Katha
  10. Romance novels

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good cake to me!

    Happy Thanksgiving! Here's ours: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/11/tuesday-teasers_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sound of that cake! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/11/teaser-tuesday_4805.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does.. and am looking forward to making it soon as well

      Delete
  4. Little Women is definitely in my top 10 as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your top ten list is great!

    Thanks for stopping by my teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of all the teasers I've seen posted today, yours is the only one that made me hungry! Sounds like a terrific book.
    My teaser is from Stealing Mercy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) reading the book has definitely kept my hunger levels up.. and once i cook all these desserts, I have to keep my exercise levels up (which is zero for now)...thanks for visiting

      Delete
  7. That cake does sound delcious. I think it would be easy to be a vegetarian if you stuck with yummy desserts. But a vegan must have difficulties living without eggs and butter. Glad you found good recipes in the book. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree.. i myself am vegetarian so butter is part of my diet.. but many of the recipes i use are vegan and this book is just a treasurehouse of recipes

      Delete

Love to hear from you! I do read all your comments and do reply whenever I can.. but I will definitely hop on over to visit you...