Corn tortillas (I used corn tortillas from Trader Joes)
Shredded Mexican cheese blend (again from Trader Joes) - about 1/4 cup for each quesedilla you make
Corn - about 3 tbsps for each quesedilla
Trader Joes Pineapple salsa (or other tangy salsa) - about 1 to 2 tbsps for each quesedilla
Heat the pan and slightly warm the tortilla. Turn it over and then spread a spoonful of the salsa (or more if you wish but just watch out that you do not put too much else it will be a soggy mess!) on the tortilla.
Sprinkle some cheese over it and then spread the corn.
Sprinkle another layer of cheese and now cover it with another tortilla.
Press slightly and carefully turn the quesedilla over to crisp the other side.
Remove, let cool a little before cutting and serve with sour cream and guacamole on the side! Yumm..
This is great for anytime and also to pack for the kids' lunches. This gets eaten always without fail.
Top Ten Tuesdays I'd Quickly Save If My House Was Going To Be Abducted By Aliens
Only ten, is my first thought. Well, in that case, I would let myself be abducted as well so long as I can have all my books with me! :) but don’t think my family would appreciate that, so wishing a sad good bye to all the other books, in case evil aliens do come to earth and decide my house and especially the books are abduction-worthy, I make my list of the ten books I would save(can I make lists of top ten for each category of books and categorize the books how I want to!, oh, I can’t? well, I tried):
- All my Roald Dahls
- All my Shel Silversteins
- All my Amar Chitra Kathas
- The Complete Works of William Shakespeare
- All my short story/folktales/mythology collections - Collected Stories of O.Henry; ,M.R.James Collected Ghost Stories; Best Loved Folktales of the World;100 classic stories; Bullfinch’s Mythology – The Age Of Chivalry and The Age of Fable; 20th century ; complete treasury of classic poetry; Russian fairy tales; A Twist of the Tale
- Memories of Malgudi and The Guide by R.K.Narayan
- Jules Verne collection; my Charles Dickens and Jane Austens
- Complete encyclopedia
- My collection of Reader’s Digest Select Editions
- My collection of Enid Blytons
I missed adding the other zillion treasured books but considering I packed a lot in these ten here, I should be able to survive…
“We can’t keep protecting him,” Mom whispered to Dad, who was driving. “We can’t just pretend he’’s going to wake up tomorrow and this isn’t going to be his reality, because it is, Nate, and we have to help him learn to deal with it. We can’t just keep avoiding situations that . . .”
This is a wonderful book that has been on my ARC TBR for sometime and I finally got around to reading it..